Folkstone Fixings (FFX) placed into Administration

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sideways

Staff member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
A heads up to all as many of us have bought from FFX :

"
On 20 September 2024 Jane Steer, Tim Higgins and Toby Banfield of PwC were appointed as Joint Administrators (“Administrators”) of Folkestone Fixings Limited (“the Company”).

The Company is a tools and hardware retailer based in the South-East of England and traded from its own website and two stores based in Ashford and Folkestone.

Unfortunately, the Company’s financial position upon appointment means that it is no longer able to continue trading and as a result all stores and the website will cease to trade immediately.

The Administrators have retained a small number of employees at the Company's head office in Kent for a short time to support in winding down operations.

For all creditor enquiries please email: [email protected]

For all employee enquiries please email: [email protected]
"
https://www.pwc.co.uk/services/busi...jhbAh7oHOVqQNFgmoM_aem_Z_4W7-Sbm6xQTkle70_TXw

My goodness! I've dealt with these guys quite a few times in the past. They were always a pleasure to deal with. Is this the beginning of the "big trees" starting to fall in the forest? It remains to be seen who else will follow.

Yeah I saw this last week, makes you wonder what’s gone wrong. I went to their show in Detling for years until it ceased after covid, it was a really good show, shame they’ve gone to the wall.

There website is still running and you can still make purchases as of today the 22nd
That may well be to liquidate as profitably as possible the existing warehouse stock.
I know several suppliers stopped supplying them with any new products about two weeks ago when the situation first became known and suppliers also cancelled any direct drop shipments to customers.
There was some hope full administration could be averted, but it seems sadly not.

Last edited:
I have not looked but be careful parting with cash for items still on their web site.

If payment is contractually with the administrators who are quite rightly seeking to turn existing stock into cash then there should be no problem.

If payment is to the original company now in administration, it risks going into a legal "black hole".

Unless the administrator carefully separates any money received, the money may simply form part of the assets of the business which are used to pay creditors in priority order - usually HMRC, secured loans, etc. Unsecured creditors are at the bottom of the priority list.

Also be aware of your other rights which may be compromised - eg: warranty, spares etc.

I am not suggesting "don't" - that would be unfair. But think before acting in haste when a bargain might not be all that it appears.

There website is still running and you can still make purchases as of today the 22nd
Checking the site linked by Sideways, under the 'customers' page the second paragraph states:

"Will I still receive the products I ordered?

• If you have placed an order and not yet received your products, it is unlikely that these will be fulfilled. "

I am not in the least bit surprised.

Thieving barstewards with a dodgy website and equally dodgy customer service to boot. I am not surprised there is no mention of selling the "Good Will" as I doubt there is any.

Good riddance!!!!

Good riddance!!!!

As every salt needs its pepper, may I say that I have never had a problem with more than a dozen things I purchased off them over the years. Their prices were good, their service similarly good.

Perhaps you could recount your tales of woe and we could make an independent assessment of whether your opinion is justified.

Back