Festool Kapex KS60 Extraction Adapter

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puggers

Established Member
Reaction score
If the mods feel this should sit more appropriately within the 'wanted' pages, kindly move.....thanks.

Anyhoo, I'm looking to see whether anyone has printed an adapter for the KS60 of the push-and-twist variety that would enable me to then attach this to one of my two shop vacs (each having slightly different dimension hoses). That vac would then become dedicated to the saw as at this stage, other demands don't offer me the luxury of buying a Festool mini/midi.

I've tried a number of available methods/options with varying degrees of success but am looking for something a little more permanent and that won't require taping.

I've seen the Festool sleeved connector (D36 DM-AS/CT, item number 500670) but on calling them they need to contact Germany to confirm the dimensions of the hose side of the connector as it's apparently not recorded.

If this is something someone has produced before, I'd be glad to hear from them.

Cheers - Dave

Anyhoo, I'm looking to see whether anyone has printed an adapter for the KS60

When you are looking for a 3D model of something, a good place to start would be a website that collects and collates such items.

Perhaps the best known of these is Thingiverse. There are others.

When you type 'kapex' into the search bar on that site, I see 9 items, two of which look to have potential, if not as a direct print but as a basis for modification.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4391308

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4362730

Make something out of solid wood (that does not necessarily need to pass air). You can then send it to someone who can copy the dimensions into a 3D model.

The internal bayonets can be separate pieces in your prototype to aid assembly, but would be integral in the 3DP item. If the bayonet is a standard Festool fitting, find either a dimensioned drawing of it or a 3D model that contains just that part and that will save some time and effort.

I appreciate the links @ChaiLatte as whilst I'm aware that Thingiverse has been mentioned in past threads, in all honesty, it hadn't occurred to me to look there!

That said, having done so, navigating myself around and then working out how to take the matter forward to get someone capable to print for me will be next step as on first viewing the second link looks a good starting point (I like how it angles away from the saw).

Thanks for responding

That said, having done so, navigating myself around and then working out how to take the matter forward to get someone capable to print for me will be next step as on first viewing the second link looks a good starting point

Does the end that interfaces with the saw look correct (I do not have one so am in the dark here)?

It appear that one has a 50mm OD plain (other) end). Do you know what you need for your hose?

If you could make that one work as is (e.g. with your own adaptor to go from 50mm OD to whatever ID is your hose), someone here would help you.

Failing that, there is a company (in China) called JLCPCB, who offer a 3D printing service. You just upload the model, choose a material and it gives you a quote. I mention them as they have machines and material that an average home user might not have. I have used them for a couple of things and was very happy with the price/quality balance.

Back