Electra Beckum outfeed roller

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an older green painted model - manufactured in 1993.

The outfeed roller is serrated and not rubber coated.

Can anyone confirm if this is correct or if the rubber coating may perished? The roller looks clean and without any hint of rubber or adhesive.

I have not used the planer since buying it, due to temporary lack of space and the need to set it up.

Thanks

galleywood":u8y7pvwg said:
I have an older green painted model - manufactured in 1993.

The outfeed roller is serrated and not rubber coated.

Can anyone confirm if this is correct or if the rubber coating may perished? The roller looks clean and without any hint of rubber or adhesive.

I have not used the planer since buying it, due to temporary lack of space and the need to set it up.

Thanks

Until someone else more knowledgeable on you're machine comes along,
Many earlier machines had the serrated rollers,Usually the infeed.
They could leave marks in the timber when "skimming" a smidge off the top, Have a butchers underneath, both rollers should be in line at their lowest point,
To check get 2 pieces of 3x2 or similar just ensure they are exactly same size one way, put underneath, each side
on the thicknesser table, wind the bed up until they touch the rollers ensure the cutters are out of the way.
At least you're rollers won't rot out!
Regards Rodders

If your roller is completely clean, I wouldn't have thought it was rubberised to start with. If you have a look at my photos on page 1 you can see what wear looks like and it would take really something to take all of the rubber off. I think the crucial thing is whether it works or not?
Given that you would normally further finish your timber after it's been through a P/T, then a few light serrated marks shouldn't be a problem.

Keith,

thank you so much for the guideline, helped a lot. See … one time written, this makes people happy over years. :)

I just removed the old roller and ordered the new one, so hopefully, next week it’ll be as good as new.

Best regards
Christian

Back