eBay scrapping selling fees for private sellers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a longish term seller on eBay, I have been quite pleased with it. Yes when I started i wondered how much it would take from me in fees, and I did a wee bit irked at first. But then realised that I was able to sell off stuff which otherwise I would have dumped in some way. Sucha as old car radios I had in the loft, ld HiFi stuff, old bookcases, dinner set and crockery. old cameras, pictures, even some books, tools, a couple of bikes, cooking stuff we no longer use, etc. I have made a lot of use of the 80% off fees over the years as well, and the free listings each month which I get - I assume as a regular private seller. All the stuff I see is stuff we have previously had use of and is in good condition, indeed some of it in excellent condition. Over the years I have kept tabs on how much I have sold for, and since around 2016 its approx £7500 after all eBay (and before that Paypal) fees and postage. I think overall the fees paid amount to around 7% due largely to the 80% fee reduction.

So all in all I am happy with that.

The scrapping of selling fees for me is an unexpected bonus, and since they announced it, I have sold 5 items already!

Latest posts

Back