DW 1251 RAS Replacing Yoke Track Bearings

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldLimey

Reaction score
Hi,

New to this forum but impressed with all the expertise here. Anyway, I have a DW 1251 RAS, had it for 20 plus years and now I need to replace the three bearings that guide the yoke along the arm. I have ordered all the bits I need but I'm stuck on how to dismantle the yoke itself.

For information, as far as I can tell from the exploded drawing in the manual, the yoke needs to be dismantled to allow the new bearings shafts to be fitted.

To dismantle the yoke, is it just a case of unscrewing the king bolt or is there more to it? I have tried to unscrew the king bolt but so far I can't move it and I don't want to force it in case I do some damage.

Any wise words would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Hugh

hi hugh,under the yoke is the clamp handle above that is a disc,the disc has notches and there you will see a little lug,get a screw driver under the disc and and prize down clear of the lug,you can the unscrew the king pin bolt,do not for get one of the bearings will have a set screw holding it in position,that bearing is the cam that adjusts to get a snug fit in the channels,hope this helps frank.

Hi,

Just to say thanks for the advice - it was spot on and I now have my yoke in satisfactory small pieces ready for the new bearings whenever they will arrive.

Great site!!

Hugh

While you have the yoke apart, use a good flat surface and some abrasive material ( sand paper, emery cloth etc ) to flatten the mating faces that meet on the yoke. There will be high spots. Then use graphite powder or "dry spray" when rebuilding.
It will be much smoother in operation and more rigid when locked.
Wet lube will attract and retain dust.

Latest posts

Back