Drill guides

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So here is the latest, I had a few jobs where I needed to drill some holes dead square through material and due to the location of my drill press I cannot get the work in, one had to be done in situ any way. Then I had some ali box to also drill with same issues in length stopping me getting it to my drill press and so started to look again. The Rocker is not available in the Uk and the UJK looked ok but was still along the same lines as all the others, then the Woodpeckers version came up in one of those WWW deals which was still just over a £100 more but in a moment of madness I purchased based on knowing the quality of Woodpcker products. This is not adjustable for any angle, the columns are fixed so you know it will be perpendicular which is all I require and it has been a great tool that has done what I have asked from it. The markings are clear and the fence system works really well to get repeat holes or as something to keep it firmly down when drilling larger holes with the top overhanging like this and the holes are spot on when drilling box section ali or just timber. Now not everything is positive or perfect, what this could do with is two springs. One for where you are working close to the work and the other for when using longer drills but that is easily sorted.

1730031412236.png

Back