Double fail for Amazon

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazon does that to everyone? We buy from Amazon or via Amazon probably 6 -8 times a week, usually stuff that's not available locally. We've never been ripped off or diddled. It's a highly efficient operation. There are calls for it to pay more tax, but that's for the government to decide - it pays what it legally has to, like all large firms.
Yes everyone. UK tax payers, everyone who pays into the system to have it given as tax breaks for a multi-billion dollar American company so they will grace our shores and import a load of chinese products, whilst paying as little to workers as possible and syphoning off as much money as they can to whichever country charges less tax. Because we couldn't possibly survive without it? Because no other UK company already here sells the same things?! Because you save £1 on the product whilst another person shuts their small business and has to get government handouts.

HMRC tells you how much tax you owe it and you have to pay, companies like Amazon tell the HMRC how much(little) they are going to pay.

It's not locally available as online shopping has trashed any local shops that would have once existed. I used to regularly go to my local motorfactors and speak to the chap who knew about cars and I'd have a chat and a laugh and he would make sure I get the right part, which he probably had in stock. Now I have to order online and hope it's the right part and if not send it back and do the whole things again, all whilst barely speaking to anyone if at all.

Yes everyone. UK tax payers, everyone who pays into the system to have it given as tax breaks for a multi-billion dollar American company so they will grace our shores and import a load of chinese products, whilst paying as little to workers as possible and syphoning off as much money as they can to whichever country charges less tax. Because we couldn't possibly survive without it? Because no other UK company already here sells the same things?! Because you save £1 on the product whilst another person shuts their small business and has to get government handouts.

HMRC tells you how much tax you owe it and you have to pay, companies like Amazon tell the HMRC how much(little) they are going to pay.

It's not locally available as online shopping has trashed any local shops that would have once existed. I used to regularly go to my local motorfactors and speak to the chap who knew about cars and I'd have a chat and a laugh and he would make sure I get the right part, which he probably had in stock. Now I have to order online and hope it's the right part and if not send it back and do the whole things again, all whilst barely speaking to anyone if at all.
100% agree with you. These multi national mutli billion dollar turnover businesses are destroying everything in their path. I find Amazon are no longer competitive on a lot of products like they were. However, it's getting harder and harder to find the competition as they're being put out of business.
They do categorically harm the greater good for the sake if their own profit. It's short sighted but almost guaranteed to continue on the same path.

Back