diy diesel injector puller

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agent_zed

Established Member
Reaction score
Last MOT was told my car was 'chuffing' which was a new one on me, as this is my first diesel.
So started taking all the annoying plastic bits and air pipes and everything else off to get down to the injectors and found a nice mess.
After coal mining to remove the huge build up of carbon deposits I got down to the injectors.
Managed to remove 2 but the worst one and another that was chuffing to a lesser extent were both stuck.
didn't really want to give up as I like to be able to make things work again, so I thought I'd make a simple puller/slide hammer type thing.

It was part of a fence railing and I welded 2 pieces out that slot into the flats in teh sides of the injectors. Then Just hit the cross member upwards with a hammer and after a few good hits up popped the injector.

I had planned on using an old sledgehammer head and having it go through the handle hole but forgot to put it on before I welded the bits together so had to resort to just using a 21/2lb hammer.

certainly isn't beautiful looking tool but did the job perfectly and cost me nothing but a bit of time cutting and welding :)

diesel_injector_puller.jpg

Back