dewalt 1751

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianf

Reaction score
hello all

i need a cheap ras to do bevel cuts for hips , i would be cutting around 50mm thick so at 45deg that would be 75mm thick, will this do the job also what is the maximium sheet width does it go as far as 24" ( the dw i used about 29yrs back could manage about 16").
i have searched to find specs and wattage but no luck.
the 1751 seems common and well priced.

thanks ian

As its a 10" blade saw its likely to be similar spec to the DW720 so max depth of cut at 90deg is 68mm and 50mm at 45deg once the head is tilted (only tilts one way) Note although the cut through 50mm timber at 45deg is 70mm the saw specs refer to the thickness that can be cut at the angle so max 50mm at 45deg will cut through a 50mm timber.

Crosscut at 90deg is 380mm but it will rip 640mm but that needs the fence moving to the back of the table, not a difficult job

Are you inntending to lug this to site, a decent 12" sliding compound saw will be a better tool for the job as the head can be fliped each way, capable of over 45deg cuts and a bit more portable

EDIT cross cut may be more as the arm is longer than the 1251

Jason

hello jasonb

of to france i bought a massive barn and not that young anymore so cutting hips and valleys doesnt hold the thrill it might have when younger ihave a compound saw that can cope with 50mm on the bevel but i suspect that some of the roof will be cut using 63-65 mm thick bevel cut

have you any brand names or models

and thanks for reply

ianf

Back