• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale DANCKAERT Spindle moulder

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imageel

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Old heavy machine and shop-made guarding but a lovely solid machine to use, 800 x 900mm table
Complete with some tooling -
Euro manual feed block + selection of cutters some unused
Axminster Aquamac-21 TCT profile cutter - probably only done 4 frames
Omas 150mm wobble saw, similarly seen little use
Set of spacer rings and 52mm spanner for spindle nut!
It sits on a steel cradle with retractable solid nylon pallet truck wheels and a lifting eye upfront so is moveable single handed with a purpose made wheeled dolly included in the sale
£350 prefer local collection

Attachments

• spindle-1.jpg
    spindle-1.jpg
    324.7 KB · Views: 0
  • spindle-2.jpg
    spindle-2.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 0
  • spindle-3.jpg
    spindle-3.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 0
  • spindle-4.jpg
    spindle-4.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 0
  • spindle-5.jpg
    spindle-5.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 0
  • spindle-6.jpg
    spindle-6.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 0
  • spindle-7.jpg
    spindle-7.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 0
  • spindle-8.jpg
    spindle-8.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 0
  • spindle-9.jpg
    spindle-9.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 0
  • spindle-10.jpg
    spindle-10.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Just a heads up if this is not saleable I will likely scrap it - perhaps the tooling and motor may be saleable.
It would be a shame but I appreciate things have moved on a bit since this beast was built!
/Ed

Ed,

I’m interested as I’ve a bunch of windows to make in the future, and a spindle is on my tool list. However I’m about as far from you as it’s possible to be I the uk!

Do you know anything about the bearings in the spindle. Are they ball bearings or older plain metal bearings. Is there any play in the spindle?

Would you be able to put it on a pallet for collection? Appreciate that’s a big ask so will understand if it’s a straight no. Alternatively are you in a rush to be rid of it? I’m in middle England in late July, which is much nearer than Aberdeen, and that could represent an option to collect with a van. Does the top come off?

Cheers

Fitz

Hi Fitzroy,
It does come apart but no part of it is light - when I attempted to get it off the pallet it arrived on it was a 2-man struggle to lift the table alone off -the horseshoe fence support alone weighs 20kg.... The base was still too heavy for two to nudge so I took the gib plate off holding the slide and spindle and when I had broken the grease stiction holding the assembly to the base it promptly fell into my lap and pinned me to the pallet..
So in short whilst it can be palleted I am in no shape to do it - failing health is the reason I'm selling up and moving somewhere closer to a town...
WRT bearings - no these are regular ball in the bottom and self-aligning at the top - when it arrived the top bearing made one hell of a racket and I had been told from the seller that both top and bottom had been replaced - so I took the top cap off to read the bearing type and looked up the type and was told by a learned mechanical engineer that the top one was of a type not designed to take much axial load only radial. I quickly surmised that during shipping the weight of the spindle and perhaps vibration had resulted in the bottom nut which bears on a grease immersed disc below the bottom bearing had loosened and thus was not holding the large and heavy spindle in position. I nipped it up and by running it under no load whilst adjusting I found the sweet spot where it was almost silent and it has run without issues ever since.
There is no discernible play in the spindle and in use I often never even wore ear defenders since it runs very quietly.
The top bearing is massive - I can't remember the actual diameter but to put it in perspective the bearing housing is 150mm outside diameter and from memory the bearing is maybe half that - it is huge!

Late July timeframe would work for me as I have lots more kit to shift including a Myford 254s which I suspect won't sell quickly.

PM me if you are still interested and we can discuss the way forward and if we can agree on a plan I'll mark it as sold.

Great info thanks. With the info you've given me I need to do some thinking and planning on if this is logistically possible and economically sensible. If someone else decides they want this please feel free to jump in and grab it, no hard feelings from my end.

Latest posts

Back