Blum TANDEMBOX ANTARO - Not Locking in

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarbaraT

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I'm just trying to install a Ninka ecotop bin that uses Blum TANDEMBOX ANTARO BLUMOTION drawer runners.... It has been a tad challenging as it doesn't come with any instructions.

I can't seem to persuade the drawer bit to stay attached to the runners.. I found a video that said push in and press down. but one side keeps popping off the drawer runners, strangely it's not always the same side.
In the photo below you can see the right side hasn't stayed attached.

I wondered if I needed to put spacers behind the runners.. but I've no idea what the width should be.. it's a 600mm unit with 18mm sides plywood.

I thought blum might be able to help and instaled there live support APP.. but I was the only person who was live..

IMG_20240705_222023_911.jpg
th but there aren't any measurements.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-05 222356.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-07-05 222356.jpg
    137 KB
Hi Barbara,

I've fitted a few of these over the years but not had a problem with them.

One possible thing I can think of that may be causing your problem would be, if the internal width of the cabinet was too wide.......But, you said it was a 600mm wide cabinet made of 18mm thick material, so your internal width should be 564mm.
There is a + or - tolerance on that measurement, because this type of runner is designed to be used with material of varying thickness ( usually 16mm up to 19mm thickness)

Anyway, here is a link to a set of instructions that I found .....Hopefully, you will find them useful.

https://acrobat.adobe.com/id/urn:aaid:sc:EU:776b1aeb-1991-4d4d-ba5e-3258afdb5d43

Hi Barbara,

I've fitted a few of these over the years but not had a problem with them.

One possible thing I can think of that may be causing your problem would be, if the internal width of the cabinet was too wide.......But, you said it was a 600mm wide cabinet made of 18mm thick material, so your internal width should be 564mm.
There is a + or - tolerance on that measurement, because this type of runner is designed to be used with material of varying thickness ( usually 16mm up to 19mm thickness)

Anyway, here is a link to a set of instructions that I found .....Hopefully, you will find them useful.

https://acrobat.adobe.com/id/urn:aaid:sc:EU:776b1aeb-1991-4d4d-ba5e-3258afdb5d43

I've fixed it :)

I measured the width at 565mm so was pretty close...But I thought I would try it with some spacers.
I packed the runners out with 2mm spacers at the front and back reducing the overall width to 561mm and it now works perfectly.

A massive thanks for the instructions and a steer in the right direction.. I spent hours looking and couldn't find anything apart from the drilling guide.
Just need to fit the lid and the front..

Last edited:
565mm width is well within tolerance....
There is no clip, as such Barbara...The drawer sides just slot into the drawer runners themselves and make a distinct "click" when properly seated.

Forgive me if this comes across as insulting, as it is not my intention, .but are you certain that the cabinet is level left to right and, more importantly, both sides of the cabinet are upright...?

One other thing that springs to mind to check.....Make sure the cabinet is "square" and not parallelogram shaped when viewed from above coz if it is, the drawer runners will fight against each other when closing/opening the drawer.

Edit.
Sorry Barbara,....I missed your reply above.....Glad you managed to get it working 👍👍

Last edited:
Back