Cordless power washer, anyone had one?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whatknot

Established Member
Reaction score
Due to our location, we have no hose or outside power, so a cabled power washer is not an option, I have seen advertised some cordless power washers that can use any water source, bucket etc

But are they any good?

Anyone had one and found then useful or a waste of money ?

Ok for light work like cleaning a bike or motorbike but I doubt one would be much good to clean a patio for instance...?

Ok for light work like cleaning a bike or motorbike but I doubt one would be much good to clean a patio for instance...?
Thanks for your reply, no I was not expecting much to be honest, it would be for washing the car and odd bits and pieces here and there

I was looking for advice from someone who has actually owned & used one, you can't ever believe the hype by advertisers who would have you believe they are gods gift to the world ;-)

But just maybe they have a limited use?

I just can’t imagine it would be much use, sorry, the amount of pressure which is related to the power of course needs to be high, but it’s the amount of water you are going to need that will be the limiting factor.

I just can’t imagine it would be much use, sorry, the amount of pressure which is related to the power of course needs to be high, but it’s the amount of water you are going to need that will be the limiting factor.
I am inclined to agree but would like to hear from someone who actually had one

Maybe the fact no-one seems to own one is indicative in its own right?

I have to say I would share the opinions expressed above and not buy one - if in a serious off-grid situation I would look at a standard one and a Jackery (or similar).

Good luck in your search - and I look forward to your feedback if you do get one.

I have the karcher one. It’s ok for cleaning off wellies etc and just about a push bike but that’s about it. You couldn’t clean a car with one. You would have to refill it for every panel.

Maybe the fact no-one seems to own one is indicative in its own right?

I have to say I would share the opinions expressed above and not buy one - if in a serious off-grid situation I would look at a standard one and a Jackery (or similar).

Good luck in your search - and I look forward to your feedback if you do get one.
Well a lot of people must own them going by the numbers sold, just not so many in this forum ;-)

Lots of reviews online but can you trust them? you never can be sure who is doing the review

We are not off grid, its the middle of a village but direct onto the pavement, three feet thick walls and no easy way to get a tap to the front or back of the building, so to wash the car its carting buckets or watering cans through to the front, power isn't so much the problem as I could use an extension but a hose is not an option

I had no idea what a jackery was so had to google it ;-)

I have the karcher one. It’s ok for cleaning off wellies etc and just about a push bike but that’s about it. You couldn’t clean a car with one. You would have to refill it for every panel.
Thanks for that, I assume you mean the soap bottle?

As we are on the coast, gulls are a problem here, so frequent washing off of bird muck is required so soaps not so much the problem but water supply is

But as I suspected they would have limited use

If mains is not the issue, but water is, maybe get a mains power washer with a pickup for buckets - that way you get the pressure of mains washers which I think most are seeing as the limitation of a battery-powered washer - although I suspect you will spend more time refilling buckets than actually washing.

If mains is not the issue, but water is, maybe get a mains power washer with a pickup for buckets - that way you get the pressure of mains washers which I think most are seeing as the limitation of a battery-powered washer - although I suspect you will spend more time refilling buckets than actually washing.
Its a bit catch 22, with a mains power wash it would get through a bucket of water in very quick time

Looks like its carry on carting buckets through to the front :-(

Due to our location, we have no hose or outside power, so a cabled power washer is not an option, I have seen advertised some cordless power washers that can use any water source, bucket etc

But are they any good?

Anyone had one and found then useful or a waste of money ?
I’ve got the Titan one from Screwfix, I use it to water the garden from water butts, I added about 10 mts of hosepipe to it and it pumps ok. I have also used it to clean a small area of patio, did a good job, wouldn’t want to use it for a big task but I’ve got a Karcher for that.
Handy when you don’t want to get out the full kit. I’m pleased with mine.

Its a bit catch 22, with a mains power wash it would get through a bucket of water in very quick time

Would it be useful to research the flow rate of a typical pressure washer so you would know how quick that time was and can plan your water supply accordingly?

It would also be useful to compare the delivery pressure of the cordless machines with main-powered ones.

Six litres a minute is typical for a Karcher K2 size machine, so a 25 litre drum (far more easily transportable than a bucket as the drum has a lid) gives you 4 minutes of constant washing. With two drums and a lackey named Aquarius, you could wash continuously.

Bosch make a couple of cordless machines (note that the flow rate for the B&Q one [2.17 litres per hour] has to be incorrect). The one offered via SF has a flow rate 1/3 of the Karcher.

https://www.diy.com/departments/bos...less-36v-pressure-washer/4059952582344_BQ.prd

https://www.screwfix.com/p/bosch-fo...x-2-5ah-li-ion-cordless-pressure-washer/620HY

Is a second hand (Honda) petrol-engined one a possible option? Drain the tank at the end of the season and run it for a minute on Aspen fuel and it will start first go in the spring and last forever.

I’ve got the Titan one from Screwfix, I use it to water the garden from water butts, I added about 10 mts of hosepipe to it and it pumps ok. I have also used it to clean a small area of patio, did a good job, wouldn’t want to use it for a big task but I’ve got a Karcher for that.
Handy when you don’t want to get out the full kit. I’m pleased with mine.
Thank you for your input, a bit more positive on the subject, I may just give a try, they are not to expensive

(thought I had posted this earlier)

Would it be useful to research the flow rate of a typical pressure washer so you would know how quick that time was and can plan your water supply accordingly?

It would also be useful to compare the delivery pressure of the cordless machines with main-powered ones.

Six litres a minute is typical for a Karcher K2 size machine, so a 25 litre drum (far more easily transportable than a bucket as the drum has a lid) gives you 4 minutes of constant washing. With two drums and a lackey named Aquarius, you could wash continuously.

Bosch make a couple of cordless machines (note that the flow rate for the B&Q one [2.17 litres per hour] has to be incorrect). The one offered via SF has a flow rate 1/3 of the Karcher.

https://www.diy.com/departments/bos...less-36v-pressure-washer/4059952582344_BQ.prd

https://www.screwfix.com/p/bosch-fo...x-2-5ah-li-ion-cordless-pressure-washer/620HY

Is a second hand (Honda) petrol-engined one a possible option? Drain the tank at the end of the season and run it for a minute on Aspen fuel and it will start first go in the spring and last forever.

Both those you mention are way above what I am prepared to spend, trying to compare cheaper versions is not so easy as they give different figures and frankly can you believe any manufacturers information

A petrol version is not an option, I don't think my neighbours would take kindly to that idea ;-) (or the wife for that matter)

If I do go for one as a tester it will be a cheaper model, my expectations are not great but perhaps worth a try

Thanks for that, I assume you mean the soap bottle?

As we are on the coast, gulls are a problem here, so frequent washing off of bird muck is required so soaps not so much the problem but water supply is

But as I suspected they would have limited use
This is the one I have

https://www.screwfix.com/p/karcher-...Vj5ZQBh34cgBtEAQYAiABEgKVIPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Like I say - ok for cleaning off wellies. It will clear a bird dropping with a spray of muc off or similar first

The Karcher one referred to is sold as a cordless mobile outdoor cleaner and not a pressure washer. My neighbour has one and uses it for washing down his bike after he's been mudplugging. It has nowhere near the output pressure of any pressure washer that I've encountered.

I suppose one way of helping to make it feasible would be to have a 15gallon? water tank mounted on something like a pushchair, one of those ones with good wheels and suspension, that you could wheel through the house.
Ian

I suppose one way of helping to make it feasible would be to have a 15gallon? water tank mounted on something like a pushchair, one of those ones with good wheels and suspension, that you could wheel through the house.
Ian
Or several buckets ;-)

Back