Can I use a CNC cutter in my router?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadeye

Established Member
Reaction score
Specifically, there's a good value 10mm upcut carbide spiral that I'd like to use (10mm shank and diameter). Any reason not to?

Specifically, there's a good value 10mm upcut carbide spiral that I'd like to use (10mm shank and diameter). Any reason not to?
Reasons not to would be if your spindle is very underpowered, and/or the CNC machine itself is too light/flimsy to take the loads of using a 10mm diameter bit. Finally, upcut bits can tear out the top face on some materials (e.g. plywood). But other than that, if the speeds, feeds, and Depth of Cut is appropriate, it'll be good.

Reasons not to would be if your spindle is very underpowered, and/or the CNC machine itself is too light/flimsy to take the loads of using a 10mm diameter bit. Finally, upcut bits can tear out the top face on some materials (e.g. plywood). But other than that, if the speeds, feeds, and Depth of Cut is appropriate, it'll be good.
Thanks - it's going in a meaty router so I think should be ok

Back