Caberwood Pro MRMDF VS Medite MRMDF

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammy.se

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

So, prices I have access to are £38 per board for Caberwood Pro MRMDF and £50 per board for Medite MRMDF. 18mm

I’ve always used medite, and had a Quick Look at the Caberwood. The surface is not as smooth on the Caberwood, and it’s green throughout (which I don’t mind). The core seems the same - but I haven’t routed the Caberwood before

Can anyone give their opinion of whether the Medite is worth the extra £12 per sheet?
I will be making a variety of door and drawer fronts (shaker/panel style, plain, and routed profiles). All for home projects.

Thanks!!

Hi sammy

I used green caberwood in the past (not sure if it was pro or not) and it was really really difficult to get edges sanded smooth without a “pitting” effect. I’ve recently used medite and wouldn’t now use anything other than medite. I know people mention Hidrofugo among others but for the finish I need and being much denser than the caberwood, the medite suits my needs. By the way £50 seems a good price!! Think I pay £60 per sheet from my normal supplier.

Cheers
Pete

Latest posts

Back