Blood (without the gore!)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackswanwood

Still Learning
Reaction score
I had an appointment to make a blood donation yesterday and while it seemed busy one of the nurses told me they had actually experienced a lot of “no shows” due to the rain :dunno: and that the shortage of blood supplies reported in the news over the summer had only slightly abated.

Hopefully no one reading this will ever need a blood transfusion but being realistic at some point some (or someone close to them) will. That blood obviously comes from donors.

Please, if you don’t give blood and are eligible to do so do it. Here’s the link to register and pick when and where is convenient.

https://www.blood.co.uk/

For most people travel time will be negligible and I find it usually takes about an hour from going in to walking out slightly lighter!

This isn’t a post to say what a good boy I am for giving blood … far too often over the years I judged myself to be too busy and didn't do it. When I look back I now realise I wasn't and made the wrong choice.

I gave 43 before they would take no more because of prescription drugs - when I had serious operations that need blood on standby I felt no guilt.
I worked with a J.W. - he told me one day how blood transfusions were wrong. I told him he should go and find all the people that were alive because of mine and tell them they should be dead. :)
I only did it in first place because I detest needles - I needed to prove to myself I could let someone do it.

Back