• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Beading trim

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs C

Established Member
Reaction score
Has any one got any of the attached that I could beg, buy or steal? Or alternatively suggest where I can get some as I can’t find any online?

Each blob is approx 20mm long, 10mm high and 5mm thick. Ideally I need 500mm but could get away with less I I can patch it in.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2706.jpeg
    IMG_2706.jpeg
    427.2 KB · Views: 0
You'll likely find someone on Etsy that will do it - search "decorative moulding" or wooden carved baguette"

You could have a go at making it. :giggle: If you have a router you could run a 5mm radius bead on some oak and use a knife, chisel and file to shape it.

It would be easier to first glue a 11mm x 6mm rectangular fillet of oak to the edge of a board with a paper insert between. Once you have run the bead and carved it it can be separated off with a pallet knife. Just a thought🤔

Maybe search out old brown ( oak ) furniture and recycle it. Charity shops are a good source to try . It’s often cheap as there is little or no demand for it.

Back