Bandsaw upgrade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers, guys. Lots of really good information and food for thought.
Does anyone know if Hammer/Feld and Laguna exhibit at the annual Harrogate Northern Woodworking show in November? I know RP and Axminster do. I may defer my decision until then.
D

Record Power Sabre bandsaws have the guides they should have used on their bandsaw the first place. They now use a standard mitre slot on the table rather then some weird size that you can’t buy. I now have Rikon guides fitted on my BS350S, following the instructions on the great write up on this site. Would I buy a Record bandsaw again?, probably not.

IMO. Any manufacturer that puts a bearing sideways on as a thrust component is not worth considering as an engineering company, that goes for rubbing blocks and metal disc's as well, built down to a price.

Maybe working on his own range of bandsaws with the best from all the others combined and the lesser engineered areas put right.
Hi Spectric & all - If I had a mill kicking around in cash I'd consider that option - sure I could also get some free R&D feedback from all the good people on here 😄 .
At the moment I haven't committed to any future work or projects and I'm just taking some time off which I needed.
@Democritus - good luck with whatever you choose. In my (OK I'm biased) view the Laguna14BX was head and shoulders over others at that price point & had a superb motor that I was never able to stall even on deep oak cuts. I also only ever had great feedback at shows from people who were using them. There may be an option to get a deal direct from Charnwood if they have any left in stock?
Cheers to all, Nick

Hi, Peter,

If I bought the Laguna bandsaw and followed Paul’s advice, which Incra Mitre gauge would I need ?
D
Hi D

The choice depends on the level of angles and accuracy you are looking for, prices range from £89.95 to £484.96, our most popular is the 1000HD with 48 Five Star reviews at £234.95, all prices before any discounts.

https://woodworkersworkshop.co.uk/incra-miter-gauge-1000hd-metric/

This American video give a good round up showing some of the options (all our gauges are metric)

If you have any specific question please email our sales office, Jim has lots of experience of customers needs.

Cheers

Peter

Latest posts

Back