Bambu lab buying advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@kinverkid please correct me if I'm wrong but you are using

rather than the P1S. However I expect it is much the same with the Bambu. Hmmm!
Yes, I think I'm answering your query. I did compare it to the P1S. The P1S has a 30mm larger printing area but that, for my requirements, was not a deal breaker. The £300 price difference was. I didn't realise the quick-change nozzle, speed, USB rather than Micro SD slot would also factor in.

So I've bitten the bullet and my new Bambu P1S c/w AMS has arrived and been unpacked. It's sitting on my 'office' workbench waiting for me to find time to set it up. SWMBO wants me to finish the en-suite refurb first so it'll have to wait a couple of days. 🥺
Martin

So I've bitten the bullet and my new Bambu P1S c/w AMS has arrived and been unpacked. It's sitting on my 'office' workbench waiting for me to find time to set it up. SWMBO wants me to finish the en-suite refurb first so it'll have to wait a couple of days. 🥺
Martin
Congrats on the purchase Martin, the P1S certainly looks like a nice machine. I went with the A1 and it’s currently sitting here waiting to be unpacked and used. Unfortunately I ran into a little road block when I tried to download Fusion as my Mac is too old to support it. Now exploring other options!

Congrats on the purchase Martin, the P1S certainly looks like a nice machine. I went with the A1 and it’s currently sitting here waiting to be unpacked and used. Unfortunately I ran into a little road block when I tried to download Fusion as my Mac is too old to support it. Now exploring other options!
I recommend taking a look at onshape, I’ve recently switched to it and enjoying it so far. Its browser based so should be easier to run on your system.

I recommend taking a look at onshape, I’ve recently switched to it and enjoying it so far. Its browser based so should be easier to run on your system.
This is actually one I’ve been looking at. Ideally I would have liked to have something with parametric modeling but I may have to go without that feature for now. I think I will probably have to go with a web based one like you say though as I’ve no plans to upgrade my computer any time soon!

I recommend taking a look at onshape, I’ve recently switched to it and enjoying it so far. It’s browser based so should be easier to run on your system.
One thing that put me off with Onshape was the way they try to market it by implying that any other downloadable software is likely to cost 10s and 10s of thousands after the initial purchase fee. It just seemed a little double glazing salesman to me.

This is actually one I’ve been looking at. Ideally I would have liked to have something with parametric modeling but I may have to go without that feature for now. I think I will probably have to go with a web based one like you say though as I’ve no plans to upgrade my computer any time soon!
Onshape has parametric modelling, I actually find it better than fusion for that. Mainly due to the fact that the uni and workflow for it in fusion are pretty poor.

Martin

Good luck with your new purchase Sir.

Back