Attention all wet shavers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it takes you, say, ten minutes to shave every day, I reckon I have had about 3,500 hours more lying in time than most of you!

I (we) must have saved thousands of ££'s over the years, I have only shaved once in about 50 years, and was told to grow it back again ;-)

I had a car crash at age 13 which put me through the windscreen, the resulting scar tissue under my chin meant if I tried to shave it looked like the chain saw massacre, so gave up shaving and never looked back

Likewise saved a lot of money on haircuts given I have little left to cut these days ;-)

Have had three wet shaves in my life... For me... electric is the way to go... I've used Braun series for yonks; and previous to those Philips twin/triple heads. Braun is my preferred of the two brands.

I was bought a three head Phillips electric razor for my fifteenth birthday, I used to get sent home from school to shave. I used that for a few years til I gave up.
DSC_0000112.jpg

shaving ? whats that? havent shaved properly for nearly fifty years, ok the beard gets a trim regularly but shaving NO!

Not to start a debate on animal testing and the like but I used to use shaving soap. I found it far better than cans of foam or gel etc. Just need to find a animal friendly version. Then I would go back to soap and a brush. I find that the Dollar Shave razors last a lot long than your typical off the shelf Gillette or Wilkinson blades.
I know what you mean about whiskers like wire. Seems to grow thicker and faster each time I shave🤣 I reckon the hair on my head is just migrating south. 😁😁

I grew a beard when Covid started, and use an electric trimmer to keep this short. However, I still wet shave my throat, and prefer an old razor with Feather blades for this task. These are made in Japan, a little more expensive than the average, but take and hold an edge extremely well. Highly rated. No gimmicks, and I toss them when dull. One will last me months.

Regards from Perth

Derek

This thread seems to go on and on!

Memories...

In the Navy of my day the onboard NAAFI sold '7-o-clock' blades in a green packet. The really piso {Maltese for tight-fisted} sailors would retouch them by sliding them around the inside of a tot-glass...

Latest posts

Back