Arundel J4 MkII Junior Lathe - chuck that will fit it options?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PTomo

Reaction score
Hi all recently got into wood turning and bought a used Arundel J4 Mk II Junior and I wanted to ask as there are a myriad of different chucks out there is there anything that will fit it?

The paperwork states its has a .0825 14 TPI R/H thread I think!!??

I now nothing about threads other than there are lots of different ones and Imperial and metric! I saw on another post all about the J4 and threads that a 1/2 inch BSF might fit?

I also see there are scroll and collet chucks and please if anyone can advise if there is a chuck that fits my old lathe?

I see quite a few used chucks on ebay but I don't want to buy something that will not fit the head stock thread!!

many thanks

Peter

I have two J4 juniors, and they have 1/2" BSP threads on the inboard side. I started a thread a while back, and got all sorts of suggestions, but finally proved it to my own satisfaction by screwing a plumbing fitting on the the shaft.

Hi John, many thanks for your reply and do you know off any chucks that are a 1/2 '' BSP thread?
Many thanks
Peter

Latest posts

Back