Advise on CNC

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Charles

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a CNC looking at the one-infinity or the Shapeoko pro 5
They are both within my price range
I was also considering the Jazz who comes with a really brilliant reputation but that is unfortunately out my price range
I would be most grateful for any advice
I would be making a lot of different projects on it but it would mainly be used for personalising customers orders
Thank you

Jazz CNC (username and small business name) has been posting on the forums for a lot of years.
I've looked at his website, read his posts and studied photos of his builds. If you could stretch the budget I suspect it would be a case of only cry once.

Jazz CNC (username and small business name) has been posting on the forums for a lot of years.
I've looked at his website, read his posts and studied photos of his builds. If you could stretch the budget I suspect it would be a case of only cry once I t

I've looked at his website, read his posts and studied photos of his builds. If you could stretch the budget I suspect it would be a case of only cry once.
Your probably right I’m in no rush
So maybe look into the jazz CNC
Thank you

Your probably right I’m in no rush
So maybe look into the jazz CNC
Thank you
I have a Jazz CNC. I purchased one from them 2 years ago.
There is no other machine under £15k that touches theirs and for the price I paid (about 5k but prices probably have gone up a bit), it was an almost obvious choice to make.
That being said you don’t want to rely on price alone as you don’t want to buy a piece of junk, so you have to look at the specs and again, Jazz just seemed too good to be true.
Then you speak to the guys there and Dean is a good salesman because he’s not a saleseman, he’s an enthusiastic, highly knowledgable and experienced CNC maker.

The biggest payoff for me was the after purchase support. For that you deal with Jarred, his son and he’s a friendly technical type who seems to be able to sort out any issue.
I don’t message him much these days as I’ve become more experienced but I have him on whatsapp and if I have an issue, I text or call him and he usually gets back to me within 5 minutes.
I could only imagine if I had bought a machine from anyone else, my learning curve would have been so much higher, more frustrating and taken much longer.
Imagine scratching around on forums for help! Not when it comes to this level of technical support, that would be a nightmare.

I have a Jazz CNC. I purchased one from them 2 years ago.
There is no other machine under £15k that touches theirs and for the price I paid (about 5k but prices probably have gone up a bit), it was an almost obvious choice to make.
That being said you don’t want to rely on price alone as you don’t want to buy a piece of junk, so you have to look at the specs and again, Jazz just seemed too good to be true.
Then you speak to the guys there and Dean is a good salesman because he’s not a saleseman, he’s an enthusiastic, highly knowledgable and experienced CNC maker.

The biggest payoff for me was the after purchase support. For that you deal with Jarred, his son and he’s a friendly technical type who seems to be able to sort out any issue.
I don’t message him much these days as I’ve become more experienced but I have him on whatsapp and if I have an issue, I text or call him and he usually gets back to me within 5 minutes.
I could only imagine if I had bought a machine from anyone else, my learning curve would have been so much higher, more frustrating and taken much longer.
Imagine scratching around on forums for help! Not when it comes to this level of technical support, that would be a nightmare.
Thank you for your very helpful advice much appreciated

I have a Onefinity Woodworker its around 3 years old and has to earn its living in my small production shop.
Some days its runs for around 9 hours, I have just invested in an Airweights vacuum table to cut down on consumables and reduce set up times.
Drop me a PM with any questions and the door is usually open if you want to travel to see one in action

I am thinking of getting a CNC looking at the one-infinity or the Shapeoko pro 5
They are both within my price range
I was also considering the Jazz who comes with a really brilliant reputation but that is unfortunately out my price range
I would be most grateful for any advice
I would be making a lot of different projects on it but it would mainly be used for personalising customers orders
Thank you
There is another option. Have a look at RatRig's Stronghold Pro configurations. They have worked form several years to research and develop great machines. This one is the evolution of the infamous WorkBee. I have their KillerBee which is a supercharged WorkBee on liniar rails. This Stronghold however is another level.
https://ratrig.com/cnc-kits/routers.html

As for the spindle, I would suggest checking the portfolio of Mechatron. They are a German company with most of their spindles 'Made in Germany'. Some if their lines of products are very affordable. I didn't get to buy one yet but they are top of my list.
https://www.spindel-shop.de/index.php

Cheers,
Brad

There is another option. Have a look at RatRig's Stronghold Pro configurations. They have worked form several years to research and develop great machines. This one is the evolution of the infamous WorkBee. I have their KillerBee which is a supercharged WorkBee on liniar rails. This Stronghold however is another level.
https://ratrig.com/cnc-kits/routers.html

As for the spindle, I would suggest checking the portfolio of Mechatron. They are a German company with most of their spindles 'Made in Germany'. Some if their lines of products are very affordable. I didn't get to buy one yet but they are top of my list.
https://www.spindel-shop.de/index.php

Cheers,
Brad
Those spindles look great.
I’ve been eyeing up the auto tool changer head for about a year.
The issue with the Jazz is that there isn’t likely enough z height on the standard model to accommodate it.
If I could I would pay Jazz to build me another machine with an auto tool changer.

Those spindles look great.
I’ve been eyeing up the auto tool changer head for about a year.
The issue with the Jazz is that there isn’t likely enough z height on the standard model to accommodate it.
If I could I would pay Jazz to build me another machine with an auto tool changer.
I’m not very savy when it’s comes to cnc terminology but I’m learning
Regards Brian

I’m not very savy when it’s comes to cnc terminology but I’m learning
Regards Brian
It's a learning curve. Feel free to ask.

In the coming weeks I'll install my KillerBee CNC machine. It's been in the box for ober a year while I struggled to regain mobility. So although brand new, it's a 2 years old model, already obsolete, although the base model, the WorkBee, still is manufactured and sold by Openbuilds, Oozenest and Bulkman in different regions of the world.

History notes aside, if the Jazz budget is too high, you should check the Stronghold I linked before or even the WorkBee from UK's Oozenest.

It's a learning curve. Feel free to ask.

In the coming weeks I'll install my KillerBee CNC machine. It's been in the box for ober a year while I struggled to regain mobility. So although brand new, it's a 2 years old model, already obsolete, although the base model, the WorkBee, still is manufactured and sold by Openbuilds, Oozenest and Bulkman in different regions of the world.

History notes aside, if the Jazz budget is too high, you should check the Stronghold I linked before or even the WorkBee from UK's Oozenest.

Latest posts

Back