Advice needed for a natural oak seal please.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theloneboarder

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
First, I apologise if this has been covered but I couldn't find it on the forums (please feel free to point me in the right direction if there is one).
I have just ordered a full set of oak windows and doors for my new-build house. The planning conditions state that I have to leave the oak untreated so that they can weather naturally and eventually go grey/black. The issue I have is that I do not want them to go grey/black as, in this instance, it will look pretty rubbish. That said, I also do not want to put an obvious stain/oil onto the windows as this will be in breach of what the planners have said.

So..... is there a product out there that will protect my oak from nature whilst giving the appearance that the oak is untreated?

I have read a bit about a clear Osmo UV Protection Oil but I thought I would check with a load of people who know far more than me.
Many thanks :D

Used Osmo UV on my Oak front door and whilst I consider it to be an excellent finish I do not think it is suitable for your brief, you get a smooth satin finish if applied correctly and so far has lasted for three years without change or fade

There is no such thing, there is no uk protection from a truly clear finish, you can get clear basestain from teknos, 2300 i think, but its not going to stop water penetration,

I hope the glass is installed with a drained system and not sealed in.

Latest posts

Back