A recommendation for conspiracists/people who understand things the rest of us don't

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's quite easy to misunderstand. I was not referring to your original use of "interested in" I was referring to you use of "not caring " so you could apply the label of "a teeny bit psychopathic"

A common tactic to label someone as part of an unpopular segment and discredit their point of view.
Dude. Read my reply properly or, if you did read it properly, don't be disingenuous.

I mirrored your language (worry/care); you changed mine (interested/worry).

I'm not here to pick a fight; just offering an insight into how others see things.
You speak of common tactics, yet deploy them liberally. Perhaps just go back to the OP and see if you fancy reading an interesting book? If not, hey, that's ok!

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/oct/10/trump-hurricane-lies-conspiracy-theories

Not just some bloke on youtube but ex president and contender for a second term, most powerful leader in the world.

So crazy in the USA they are having to mount an organised response.
Maybe we need the same sort of thing here, apropos immigration and other issues. Not easy as Tories and Labour have both been on the side of the crazies, to varying degrees.

https://www.fema.gov/disaster/current/hurricane-helene/rumor-response

Radio 4 today interesting, reflected the point I made earlier that we need to change the conversation. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0023q08
Earlier progs in same series also worth a listen.

Last edited:
As I said before why would anyone care/worry/be interested in what you/they/them think?
And, as I said before

"Well, self-insight is pretty useful for learning how to do things better, and similarly others' views for developing empathy. Feedback (in its broadest sense) is the greatest shaping force in the universe.

Also, if you truly don't care, that's a teeny bit psychopathic..."

But at least you now appear to have accepted that either you changed the emphasis not me, or that the words are equivalent so the diversion was meaningless.

Crikey. And you accused me of using "tactics".

Read it or don't. You'll recognise yourself in there. Whether or not you agree with the diagnosis is another matter of course.

And, as I said before

"Well, self-insight is pretty useful for learning how to do things better,

Self insight yes, but you don't get that from concerning yourself with what others think
and similarly others' views for developing empathy. Feedback (in its broadest sense) is the greatest shaping force in the universe.

I don't think so
Also, if you truly don't care, that's a teeny bit psychopathic..."

As I said before.
But at least you now appear to have accepted that either you changed the emphasis not me, or that the words are equivalent so the diversion was meaningless.

nope
Crikey. And you accused me of using "tactics".

Read it or don't. You'll recognise yourself in there. Whether or not you agree with the diagnosis is another matter of course.
Just how arrogant can you get?

Back