A recommendation for conspiracists/people who understand things the rest of us don't

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may be asking a silly question but why is this thread on this forum?
By order of the mind control police, and the moderators don't dare take it down or the CIA will vaporise them with the Jewish space lasers.

My issue is really the inabilty of a lot of folk to think critically plus being totally susceptible to selection bias.

The need for people to find any reason, however irrational, for almost anything that happens appears bizarre to those who a) have a brain, and b) know how to engage it. They don't understand so need something, anything, to fill that void.

The above does sound rather elitist, but it's not intended to. I just wish folk didn't automatically reach for the easiest "answer" and were a bit more choosy about their sources.

In a recent thread, the lead poster continually referenced a somewhat discredited source on COVID and other health conspiracy theories.

I'm going to quote what I wrote there as it amazes me that the main poster just didn't seem to care that their primary source was hopelessly compromised:
Late to this thread but the lack of critical thinking is the major part of the dumbing down of humans.
No longer do people feel they need to think or figure anything out on their own, it's all on their phone.
Why do you think people lose their minds when they lose their phone, because they have.

When all your information is freely given to you by friendly like minded sources, why think, why reason, there is no need. It makes things like space lasers, lizard people, weather machines and a flat earth, all seem perfectly logical.
To those people who believe these things, they're not conspiracies

Lovely brochure. But it's projected for the future.

Just wondering why the gender and colour of the astronauts is relevant.
Because we live in a world where white males have been dominant in many spheres for a long time, and sometimes a gentle push is helpful to try and straighten things up.

Back