A garage full of wood to give away

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamesbird

Reaction score
Hi everyone - my late father had amassed a garage full of wood - He was a keen (and gifted) furniture restorer, so I have a battleships worth of hardwood strips, mouldings, veneer etc. If you needed to re edge all the Georgian dressers in the world, I bet you could do it and still have enough fiddly bits left to, well do more fiddly edge things with. There is seriously a 'Luton box van' load of stuff which must go from Bournemouth.
We have so much to clear, we've not the time to do any more than hope someone'll take the whole lot of out hands in one lot. I'm afraid I've not got the bandwidth to start organising 6 1/2 " of this to there, and 12' 3" of that to somewhere else. It'll need some one or some club who can take it all and make use of even a fraction of it.
I'm there in a couple of weeks and try and photo to give you a view of what there is.
I cant bare to see it go to waste, but there is so much!! If anyone has an empty aircraft hanger and is wondering what they need to fill it, this could be your chance.
I will post pictures in a couple of weeks, but putting this out there to see if anyone is likely to be able to take advantage of it.
Yours in sawdust
James

Hi,
So sorry to hear of your loss.

I'm not far from b'mouth and would be happy to take any actual timber. I'm not a restorer and don't really use mouldings, but anything I can turn on a lathe or use for box making etc I would be able to use. I've never really used veneers but would love to try. I guess we'll have a better idea once you have time to post pics.

K

Hi everyone - my late father had amassed a garage full of wood - He was a keen (and gifted) furniture restorer, so I have a battleships worth of hardwood strips, mouldings, veneer etc. If you needed to re edge all the Georgian dressers in the world, I bet you could do it and still have enough fiddly bits left to, well do more fiddly edge things with. There is seriously a 'Luton box van' load of stuff which must go from Bournemouth.
We have so much to clear, we've not the time to do any more than hope someone'll take the whole lot of out hands in one lot. I'm afraid I've not got the bandwidth to start organising 6 1/2 " of this to there, and 12' 3" of that to somewhere else. It'll need some one or some club who can take it all and make use of even a fraction of it.
I'm there in a couple of weeks and try and photo to give you a view of what there is.
I cant bare to see it go to waste, but there is so much!! If anyone has an empty aircraft hanger and is wondering what they need to fill it, this could be your chance.
I will post pictures in a couple of weeks, but putting this out there to see if anyone is likely to be able to take advantage of it.
Yours in sawdust
James
try these guys,https://www.midsussexwoodrecycling.com/ very helpful and comunity minded too. paul

Hi
As much as I would like to have some , these people are probably a bit closer.
They are a volunteer group so would likely find a good use for it.

Back