A comedy great dies.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cabinetman

Established Member
Reaction score
" what you want to do it’s just kind of gradually ease out. You’re kind of always holding out the hope they catch up with the bus do you know what I mean?…… Did you see how he slammed the door right in her face that time? That’s called your perfect pull out "

Bob Newhart, in this sketch he imagined a telephone call to the London home office of the East India Company from Sir Walter Raleigh reporting on a new purchase in the American colonies.
" what’s tobacco Walt?…… Let me get this straight now, Walt, you bought 80 tons of leaves? This may come as kind of a surprise to you, Walt, but come fall in England here, we’re kind of up to our – it isn’t that kind of leaf huh?

I used to fall about laughing listening to him, my favourites were the driving instructor ones. So clever, such brilliant timing.
Ian

Old enough to remember his driving instructor and tobacco jobs...as you say, timing and delivery perfect. Even liked his Professor Proton character in Big Bang...he'd lost none of his skill.
Penny's line of "Is it a trick clock...or a trick potato?" still cracks me up.

RIP, Mr.N.

+1 here. Especially "Introducing tobacco to civilisation", and "The Grace L Ferguson Airline and Storm Door Company".

Thanks for a lot of laughs Sir.

His humour was so clever and human. It seems another great from my youth has moved on.

I guess we're lucky to be one of the first generations to be able to easily access recordings of people who entertained us in our early lives. In the past they died and their voices were lost to the world.

Latest posts

Back