• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold Workbench

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imageel

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
This bench is up for grabs, tbh I find it difficult to price, am pretty sure it cost me more than asking price in timber and hardware however due to failing health it has to go along with the rest of my kit.

I have an elderly engineering gentleman who is taking my Myford 254S, and has offered to take @£tbd my old Spindle moulder, 6inch APTC joiner, APTC TS200 table saw+extension +sliding carriage and SIP floorstanding morticer, however even he said lovely though it is the bench ought to go to a fellow woodworker.....

Will post further pics over next few days when I get the top cleared, however the top has the odd battle scar and has moved a bit, but is still flat

Dims are 2.05m long, 740mm deep, 840mm high

The top is located to the base via two ~25mm square Sapele pegs so it will lift off, but it was a two man lift to put on and that was minus the vices.
The base is glued and pinned, but drawers can be removed to make it lighter

To my mind it bears no comparison to commercial models from say Sjöbergs so I'm asking -
£600

Last edited:
I have finally managed to clear the benchtop for probably only the 2nd time in its life - as-in last clear when it was built ...~13y ago
It has moved a bit and from the photos you can see a section I grafted in a while back ...but it kept moving so still gappy front-to-back but along its 2030mm length still flat within 1mm and laterally there is a consistent 1mm dip front to back - the ruler I slid under my level is 1mm thick.
Dimensions in mm-
Top - 2030 wide x 744 deep
Apron 105 h x 182 deep
Main top 41m depth
Overall height 865
Base - 1210 x 744
Benchtop dog-pitch 153
No. of dogs 11 incl tail-vice

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 0
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 0
  • b3.jpg
    b3.jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 0
  • b4.jpg
    b4.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 0
  • b5.jpg
    b5.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 0
  • b6.jpg
    b6.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 0
  • b7.jpg
    b7.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 0
  • b8.jpg
    b8.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 0
  • b9.jpg
    b9.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 0
  • b10.jpg
    b10.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Don't mean to offend but that's too nice for a work bench!

How about giving drew Pritchard etc al for shop fitting etc.

Haha -good call though, I might give it a shot!!

One alternate possibility I'd consider is to donate it to someone who is perhaps an apprentice cabinet maker or similar artisan and who would make good use of it.
Problem is I don't know of any nor how one can reach out to such an audience, and the fact is it'll probably cost a couple of hundred to collect it as it would require at least two lifters and a van....
/Ed

Back