Wood working extraction advice please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodworking eeyore

Reaction score
Iam looking at how to install my exctractor system in my work shop. Sadly i dont have the hight to run the 4inch waste pipes along the roof line. Iam wondering if there is any negatives to running the piping around floor level?

I think as long as you have sufficient power for the type of machinery and tools you have and you are not running excessive amounts of ducting it should be fine -all my machines are portable as are the extraction hose’s so I could be wrong . Just ensure you take the most direct route and keep bends to a minimum. Although they can potentially take up more space 45deg bends will offer less resistance than 90 deg bends.

I think as long as you have sufficient power for the type of machinery and tools you have and you are not running excessive amounts of ducting it should be fine -all my machines are portable as are the extraction hose’s so I could be wrong . Just ensure you take the most direct route and keep bends to a minimum. Although they can potentially take up more space 45deg bends will offer less resistance than 90 deg bends.
Thank you will take all that on bored

Provided you can do it without falling over the things running along the floor is better as it takes power to lift chippings. As someone else said on here on another thread it is also worth having a sweeping point you can open so that when using a broom you don't raise clouds of dust (also don't have to keep bending down with a dust pan, not that us young fit fellers know about dodgy backs or knees). Always worth thinking about how you would access if it does get clogged.

Back