Wood working clubs / courses

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiscoStu

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm all a bit new to this and wondered if there are any wood working clubs or evening classes in the Hampshire area. Ideally South Hampshire.

Good idea - too many blokes from up North on this site :) A couple more volunteers and we have ourselves a club!

Depends how far you want to travel and what you have to spend, but there are a good few weekend and week long courses at West Dean College near Chichester in all sorts of wood crafts

Usually excellent tuition and its a nice place

There is the Southern Fellowship of Woodworkers, although it is a bit of a trek because they meet in Mytchett. I'm a member - £5 a year if I remember rightly but rarely go to meetings because it's also a long way from here (Chichester). Even so, it's worth the money for the newsletter and the ability to send a round robin email if you need help or advice - I have found members very helpful and friendly. During the summer they also arrange visits to workshops and other places of interest which can be thoroughly enjoyable and informative. Have a look at their website here http://sfww.org.uk/

Jim

I'm happy to go to Chichester for a day but it depends on the cost. I was thinking more like a night school at £10 a night type think.

I'm in New Milton, so not far from you, your more than welcome to come and have a poke around my workshop of an evening, I'm there most evening if your ever free

Hi Stu, Sorry - slow response - am in Portsmouth. Happy to support whatever / would be good to get something going locally

I'm in Lee on Solent so close to Portsmouth. I think we could do with a few more of us. I just wonder if people would like to see each other's workshops and discuss projects etc? All over a cuppa in the aforementioned workshops / sheds.

I'm in New Malden, hour and a half up the A3.
Hobby level, couple of WIPs.

I have done West Dean before, a couple of times, and they were really good courses, but not cheap (mainly 'cos they were residential).

I'm guessing that's a no then.

Maybe I should start one!
Hi Stu, just come across your post, wondering if you had any success or did you start a club? My son is in Yateley and is interested in joining a wood club, I am in one in North Wales and thoroughly enjoy it, we have a well equipped club and some very talented guys who are happy to share knowledge and skill tips with us learners.
Hoping you might be able to point us in the right direction.
Mant thanks
Newbiegirl

Hi Stu, just come across your post, wondering if you had any success or did you start a club? My son is in Yateley and is interested in joining a wood club, I am in one in North Wales and thoroughly enjoy it, we have a well equipped club and some very talented guys who are happy to share knowledge and skill tips with us learners.
Hoping you might be able to point us in the right direction.
Mant thanks
Newbiegirl
I hope you get a reply @newbiegirl from @DiscoStu but he hasn’t been around since December 2022, hopefully someone else will be able to answer your question

Latest posts

Back