Wood Lathe upgrade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sthornda

UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi All, Im new to this site so just introducing myself. I am currently looking to make a lathe purchase either from Hope Woodturning Twister FU-180 0r 200 or Axminster AP406WL. Im hoping to view both offerings in the coming weeks in store. The FU-180 is great for small package but quoted as the same overall length as the 200 which doesnt appear correct. The Axminster support may be easier being a more local round the UK outlet (reducing I understand). Decisions decisions. As Im sure all of them will keep me well covered now and in my retirement in about 3 years time. Any advise would be great from a more experienced turner on quality, service and operation smoothness/robustness. Of course overall size and cost does come into consideration. I will be doing a full range of bowls and spindle projects, I like variety. Hoping to make the purchase in any sales end Nov.
Stephen

Hi Stephen I have an Axminster lathe that mum bought dad in 1992 and is still being used. I just upgraded and one of my stipulation was that the parts from the old lathe fitted the new one.
I found the sales team very good as they had to look up my old lathe so that I could buy new chucks/jaws etc
Hope this helps

Back