Which Timber

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quintain

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello again.
I am being quoted prices for 3 x types of timber for external gates, Larch, Spruce, redwood.
Which would you recommend.
BTW
1. an earlier thread of mine is asking what is the best treatment for whichever timber I use.
2. Oak & similar is out of the price range

Have you looked at just buying the gates, at least you will have a price to compare with. This place, not in Sherwood forrest is a good source

1720521166346.png

or further afield and more agricultural is Relphs, but I believe deliver all over

1720521305120.png

Have you looked at just buying the gates, at least you will have a price to compare with. This place, not in Sherwood forrest is a good source

View attachment 184198
or further afield and more agricultural is Relphs, but I believe deliver all over

View attachment 184199
Spectric..I have just spoken with Tom from Robin Hood Sawmill...what a nice, knowledgeable & supportive man...I am undecided but his 'old style excellent service' is attracting me for the finished product....thank you for recommending him. BTW I will also contact Relph's when time allows

I’m no expert in wood types but a few years back I made some garden planters out of reclaimed larch fencing. They are still going strong, my greenhouse sits on the same larch fence posts from the same reclaimed fence which was well over 20 years old ..so my choice would be larch ..

Back