What people want to see at Show Displays

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had a wood show near Edinburgh recently which was a first and I hope was successful enough to be repeated.

The demonstrations were good - proper area for them with a TV camera operator who could get good close ups of what the demonstrators were doing.

I'm not sure if this is just a wood turning show or wood working in general you are doing, but try to make sure that all aspects are covered - the Edinburgh show didn't have anyone doing finishing materials for instance.

The other thing that I also migrate towards are the guys who have second hand or inexpensive bits and bobs - a stall that reminds me off a sweety stall in a market.

See if local clubs are interested, and also local colleges with related courses.

You've probably already committed yourself, but a couple of pounds for an entry is not really going to put any one off and would help your finances. If you ditch the parking fee, that wins friends.

Rob

Nobody doing a finishing demonstration at the Edinburgh show? You obviously missed Mark Raby's very knowledgable presentation on finishing there. He even had a seating area.

Andie Lowe said:
Nobody doing a finishing demonstration at the Edinburgh show? You obviously missed Mark Raby's very knowledgable presentation on finishing there. He even had a seating area.

Sorry Andy - you picked me up wrong; there was no stall that was committed to selling finishing products. The Glasgow show I was at a couple of years ago has several stands that were doing finishes and finishing systems solely - that was the point I was trying to get across, that you need to have selling representatives of all aspects of the task.

rob

Latest posts

Back