• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Wanted planer thicknesser or just a jointer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Holzmann KAD-320 (12") that I was restoring for a project (that never ended up going ahead), so I didn't finish everything. Given that was a few years ago I guess I should accept I'm not going to get round to finishing it.

It had a good clean, the addition of a VFD (it's 3 phase, so it now runs from a 13 amp plug and ramps up/down nice and gently).

105418-1639697414633[1].png

It runs, and I had put a couple of boards through it to test it. The "todo" items are a missing knob on the outfeed table (you can see there's one on the infeed side, but not the outfeed). The blades could also do with sharpening or replacing.

It's around 350kg, so I put it on a wood platform with castors so I could move it round while working on it.

I've seen a few come up used across mainland Europe, for around £1300. I'm probably £1000 into it (cost of the original machine plus VFD and other new bits). If you were interested I'd let it go for that. I'm just north of Leeds on the A58; so fairly easy access for York.

I rented a van with a tail lift when I originally collected it as it's too heavy to lift manually (though now I'd use Steve at Landylift to move such an item).

Hi it looks a right beast, im a little tight on space and need one that can be easily moved about..its just a bit on the big/heavy side for me and just getting into my little workshop would be a bit of a struggle...but thanks for the offer

Back