VPN's

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used Tunnel Bear for most of the 15 years we lived in SW France. Effective, allowed access to the BBC, and when Iplayer came along doubly useful. Keep it now, but some sites like Marcus savings and Coop won't work if connected nor will my wireless printer connect.

I've just started using Proton VPN. Comes free if you subscribe to their email along with other benefits. Good to get away from the all encompassing Big G! No! Not Rankin's Big G Mccafferty, the other Big G! 🤣

I've just started using Proton VPN. Comes free if you subscribe to their email along with other benefits. Good to get away from the all encompassing Big G! No! Not Rankin's Big G Mccafferty, the other Big G! 🤣
Yep, happy Proton suite user here too. You can try all their products on a free tariff - limited functionality but enough to see if you like them. That is the route I took. Lots of security and secrecy wonks have endless debates on the web about the pros and cons of providers such as these. Since I am not, nor likely to be, a target of five-eyes ,Proton seems a good enough step up from no security.

Nord VPN and personal internet privacy both worked fine for me. Fast enough, killswitch, easy to install on both Windows and popular Linux distributions, exit points pretty much in any country.
Even the price, for 3 years, is quite similar, and, with a bit of patience, discounts are quite frequent.

It is a good idea to let the contract expire, because often within a month they will propose discounted tariffs, rather than the full price which you get when renewing automatically.

Latest posts

Back