• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale Triton TPL180B

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wuffles

Established Member
Reaction score
This is the newer 'B' model as you can see from the photo.

Long story short, bought this second hand for a job...it stopped working after one oak beam. Bought a replacement, and that one stopped working after two beams. Sent the newer one off for warranty repair, turns out it had a loose connection which they repaired. On further investigation, the one I bought originally had exactly the same issue, so I soldered that up, replacing the crappy "wire nut" used by the manufacturer. Now working exactly as it should.

I'd prefer pick-up so you can see it working plus it's heavy, and I only have one Triton box to send anything anywhere.

Anyone thinking, "So, you have two wide electric hand planers now?!" is completely wrong. I actually have three because while the new one was off being repaired, I bought a Makita :)

£95, located near Cheddar.

IMG_7305.jpgIMG_7306.jpgIMG_7307.jpgIMG_7308.jpg

turns out it had a loose connection which they repaired. On further investigation, the one I bought originally had exactly the same issue, so I soldered that up, replacing the crappy "wire nut"
Do you mind sharing a bit more detail about where that loose connection is? I have the same planer, and it would be helpful to know what to fix if it suddenly stops working.

Do you mind sharing a bit more detail about where that loose connection is? I have the same planer, and it would be helpful to know what to fix if it suddenly stops working.
Sure thing, they vaguely suggested to me it's the three wire connection to the motor. I don't think they understood I was going to open another machine and take a look. Once you pop open the handle it's pretty obvious where the connection is, as they use a grey plastic wire nut to "sort of" perform a connection. Shocking really, but there we go. I just soldered mine together and chucked some heat shrink over it.

Back