T and G Douglas Fir or similar near me?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Brown

Freeloading Social media influenza
Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas about where I could source some T and G Douglas Fir or similar at around 21mm thick to make a custom garden gate? Seems Siberian Larch is pretty much unavailable at the moment. I'm in Gloucestershire, about midway between Bristol and Gloucester.

Anyone have any ideas about where I could source some T and G Douglas Fir or similar at around 21mm thick to make a custom garden gate? Seems Siberian Larch is pretty much unavailable at the moment. I'm in Gloucestershire, about midway between Bristol and Gloucester.
Good afternoon John,

Due to the current conflict in Ukraine Siberian Larch is very difficult to source, however there are a lot of great alternatives such as Canadian Larch, Austrian Mountain Larch and of course, Douglas Fir.

Please feel free to forward your requirements to [email protected] and we'd be more than happy to assist you with your project!

- Whitmore's Timber Co. Ltd

Last edited:
Thanks, but I feel you're too far away. I'm a poor pensioner on a budget, and thus usually like to collect.
Hi John,

We fully understand that not everyone has an unlimited budget , depending on the volumes you need, we use DX Delivery Network to ship our smaller orders. For up to 3m lengths delivery costs would be around £30.00, DX can deliver up to 6m lengths, but there is a surcharge.

If you would like us to give you a quote, that you can use to compare with anyone you can find locally let us know.

- Whitmore's Timber Co. Ltd

Back