*Small* electric screwdriver?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I absolutely love my Bosch IXO 6th gen! It has LED light, it is compact enough to put in the pocket and you can also buy several attachments: I particularly use the cutter (to break down cardboard boxes) and right angle adaptor.

I also have an IXO and find the offset adaptor useful, particularly for assembling bed frames, flat pack furniture, etc.

I have a B&D one ,pistol grip + offset adjustment + LED. 'Dunno' whether it's still produced, I bought it about 20 years ago from what was 'Focus(RIP)', & still going. But not used in a while.

Take a look at the milwaukee

1719566723435.png

https://www.sgs-engineering.com/mil...n-drill-driver-with-interchangeable-heads-kit

This is really handy and if you are getting on a bit it is much lighter to use than the bigger makita drills / drivers which I only use for the jobs that need the extra power or the impact driver.

Take a look at the milwaukee

View attachment 183540

https://www.sgs-engineering.com/mil...n-drill-driver-with-interchangeable-heads-kit

This is really handy and if you are getting on a bit it is much lighter to use than the bigger makita drills / drivers which I only use for the jobs that need the extra power or the impact driver.
But the ergonomics of the reversing switch are insane.
Having to move your hand to operate a switch on top with your thumb ???
It doesn't deserve to sell until they release another version which fixes that cock-up.

But the ergonomics of the reversing switch are insane.
Yes it was odd compared to my Makita's with a slide switch but now I find I can still use a thumb to reverse direction although it took some geting used to. I would think if you have small hands and short thumbs then you will find the way I do it hard. If driving a lot of long timber screws then I find the makita's do have the edge on power and speed, the milwaukee will do one or two 6 inch but it drains the battery and soon struggles.

Not exactly small though, is it?
Compared to the Makita it is much more compact and lighter with the advantage that you can have a pilot drill in the chuck and a driver bit in the hex adapter and just swap them over easily, plus both the offset and angle adapters have been very useful. If making 20mm holes for an MFT it is also easier than the larger Makita as I find it more manageable and less top heavy.

For anyone else interested in a budget version - there's a lidl offer from Sunday for £15.
I'm going to buy this for the attachments alone!

https://www.lidl.co.uk/p/parkside-4v-cordless-multitool/p10015311

EDIT: Thanks JSW, who posted this earlier ! :)

Just got the Lidl one today, not used it in anger, but the offset adapter is neat, and seems plenty powerful enough for what you'd expect on the few screws I've tried it on!

Cardboard cutter is quick too! LED light is nice and bright too.

Latest posts

Back