Scheppach thicknesser table rise and fall problem.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerM

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a Scheppach HMS 2600 CI planer thicknesser which has been brilliant. Just one simple drive belt change in 10 years. However, the thicknesser table rise and fall mechanism is now faulty and I’ve isolated the problem to the chain wheel that comes off the swivel joint having its teeth worn away, so it needs replacement. It looks like a right PITA to access. Does anyone have any experience in replacing these? For the technically minded the part number is 307 4605 0006. Any suggestions of a practical nature? It looks like a simple pin holding the wheel in place and it looks like there is a “quick link” on the chain, just like on a bike chain. However, once the chain is off, there is no easy access to the chain wheels at the other end as they are behind a panel on which the power socket is mounted. It would be easier if the p/t was on its side, but at 135kgs and just me to handle it this could be a problem. Any suggestions? Here’s hoping it’s not terminal :(
PXL_20240810_114507911.NIGHT (1).jpg reduced.jpg
PXL_20240810_115853116.jpg reduced.jpg

Latest posts

Back