Recommend a compact router!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stuart M

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a corded Einhell, which is plenty powerful for my needs, and I'm looking for something a bit more lightweight and cordless, but still powerful enough to do most of the things an amateur would need it for.

I'm probably looking at around £50-£60, and my only real requirement is that it doesn't struggle to get through tasks such as dados and trims. Parkside have one for £45, but I don't much like the 'h' shaped design.

Thanks all

once you've added the (single) battery and charger to the katsu you've got to the ballpark of £120, (more for a spare battery), I have the makita trim router, corded, can't remember the model number but it is the one that katsu copied, bought in a sale from its.co.uk for around £65. I can see the appeal of a lightweight cordless trimmer, but I wonder about the cost vs a corded tool, if you happen to have makita kit anyway it is obviously a different equation

I have a couple of ancient Bosch POF500’s. Not cordless, 1/4” collet and fixed speed but light, very easy to use and plenty powerful for most small tasks. Dust extraction is rather poor though (one is the 500A so I have the extraction fitting).
If you look carefully they can be picked up in good condition for around £25.
Much easier to use for edge trimming etc than a 1/2” machine.

Latest posts

Back