Reborn Zinken Mia 6 combination machine or is it?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toolsntat

Yep, I collect tools and tat
Reaction score
https://huphong.com.sg/product/mia-6/

Be interesting to see how this compares to the original very good quality machine I used to own (should never have sold it) ?

Here's a video of the original.

Cheers.,Andy

Screenshot_20240402-090632_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Is it a new one or second hand? To me looks like they are just selling a second hand one
Interesting,, I might well be wrong then, I got the impression they were being remanufactured but now I look closer it says availability as 1.
It's still badged the same as well.
Cheers, Andy

https://huphong.com.sg/product/mia-6/

Be interesting to see how this compares to the original very good quality machine I used to own (should never have sold it) ?

Here's a video of the original.

Cheers.,Andy

View attachment 178565

Thanks for posting this, though I got excited thinking there was a new one being produced!

By coincidence, we were just searching the forum for any information about this little machine. We’ve just been given one, unfortunately without all the accessories. We're very impressed with the planer/thicknesser it works just fine.

The PDF is helpful so thanks for attaching that. We’ve downloaded a manual online as well.

We can see why you’d regret selling it, we’re keeping our fingers crossed that we might get hold of the other ‘bits’ to get this fully working.

Thanks for posting this, though I got excited thinking there was a new one being produced!

By coincidence, we were just searching the forum for any information about this little machine. We’ve just been given one, unfortunately without all the accessories. We're very impressed with the planer/thicknesser it works just fine.

The PDF is helpful so thanks for attaching that. We’ve downloaded a manual online as well.

We can see why you’d regret selling it, we’re keeping our fingers crossed that we might get hold of the other ‘bits’ to get this fully working.
Hi, I've only just joined this forum (haven't even sorted out my profile yet!) but I came across the discussion regarding the Mia6. I used to own one of these wonderful machines but it went as part of a down-sizing exercise a couple of years ago. Your post reminded me that I had a set of accessories that I bought with the machine from Woodmen of Bicester back around 1981/2. I came across the remains of the set not long ago when searching for something else. It comprises: 2 milling bits (6mm and 8mm , I broke the 10mm!), 4 spindle moulder cutters, an allen key and a pair of planer blades. Unfortunately there is no taper spindle as this went with the machine. The planer blades need cleaning and sharpening and I daresay the cutters could do with the profiles touching up - there are small companies out there that do that sort of thing relatively cheaply. I'll attach a coupole of pics if I can work out how. I don't want anything for the bits, not even postage! I'm not sure how to proceed if you are interested as I'm sure putting names and addresses on the form is taboo.

Attachments

• IMG_20240606_102750.jpg
    IMG_20240606_102750.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240606_102623.jpg
    IMG_20240606_102623.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Must be a market for this machine if you could keep costs down?

Say £600?

Would be a great business opportunity?

Hi, I've only just joined this forum (haven't even sorted out my profile yet!) but I came across the discussion regarding the Mia6. I used to own one of these wonderful machines but it went as part of a down-sizing exercise a couple of years ago. Your post reminded me that I had a set of accessories that I bought with the machine from Woodmen of Bicester back around 1981/2. I came across the remains of the set not long ago when searching for something else. It comprises: 2 milling bits (6mm and 8mm , I broke the 10mm!), 4 spindle moulder cutters, an allen key and a pair of planer blades. Unfortunately there is no taper spindle as this went with the machine. The planer blades need cleaning and sharpening and I daresay the cutters could do with the profiles touching up - there are small companies out there that do that sort of thing relatively cheaply. I'll attach a coupole of pics if I can work out how. I don't want anything for the bits, not even postage! I'm not sure how to proceed if you are interested as I'm sure putting names and addresses on the form is taboo.
Lovely offer, let's see if we can get @Shubs to know were talking about them.......
Cheers, Andy

Must be a market for this machine if you could keep costs down?

Say £600?

Would be a great business opportunity?
I think a 12" construction saw mounted under a heavier steel plate / cast iron,
And a 260pt to the right of it... The 260 patents must have expired by now!🤔

All mounted within a 1mm steel cabinet?

Hi Chopper 49 we would be very interested. I’m just looking into how to direct message you - if it’s possible. Thanks for posting.

Latest posts

Back