Question about built in cookers in an inframe kitchen

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stanleythecat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I'm building an inframe kitchen at the moment and I can't quite workout how the inbuilt cookers 'work' in a face frame cabinet.

I understand that most built in cookers will work with an 18mm frame, is this true? and does this mean that the rest of the kitchen will also need to be 18mm frames? I was planning on using tulip poplar on birch ply carcasses but on another thread others seem to use more chunky wood for the frames.

Your expert advice is greatly appreciated

Leo

Yes, I think built in cookers are normally designed to be screwed to the front edge of '18mm' carcase walls of standard width boxes. Adapting the ovens to a face frame layout, you need provide some wood strips in this same position for the fixing screws.

Where the face frame is wide and sturdy enough, then I have screwed some vertical strips to the back of the face frame. An alternate is screwing vertical lengths of wood to the carcase sides. The idea is that the strips overhang inside the face frame by about 18mm, thus providing the same material for the oven fixing screws to bite into.

Hope that makes some sense, I dare say someone else will describe better.

Ok, so I sat down with a pencil and paper and tried to get my head around this! I have two cookers, side by side at counter top height next to a wall. These are the only tall units so the counter top begins where the cookers finish. I'm thinking there's no frame between the cookers (just the carcass edge hidden behind the cookers) but I'm struggling to see how to abutt the wall, or see what happens where the faceframe comes above the worktop to create the the edge of the carcass...

Any ideas?

Thanks again

Leo

Latest posts

Back