Quality Disposable Latex Gloves

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikegtr

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking to buy a box of quality latex gloves which will last more than one use. For 'mucky' jobs. Quite awhile ago I bought a box of 100 whit'ish coloured--thin---latex gloves. Very thin--managed to use each pair once or twice then the gloves would tear. Have had a search around and quite a few different makes to be had. What do you recommend that the gloves would last a few times before disposal? The gloves need to be pretty thin so not to restrict finger movement.

I buy mine from Costco. £5 for 200.
They don't last more than one use however, but pretty cheap.

+1 for nitrile. I Use these. A good tip for reusing gloves is to wear a pair of cheap cotton medical gloves underneath, they'll absorb sweat and make the gloves easier to remove and put on, plus it stops your hands drying out too much if you're wearing them for long periods of time. I never tend to worry about reuse all that often so unable to comment but I have reused the above gloves a few times for what it's worth.

Another reason to use Nitrile gloves is the potential to get a latex allergy/sensitivity to them and not be able to tolerate any latex products at all.

Pete

I am looking to buy a box of quality latex gloves which will last more than one use. For 'mucky' jobs. Quite awhile ago I bought a box of 100 whit'ish coloured--thin---latex gloves. Very thin--managed to use each pair once or twice then the gloves would tear. Have had a search around and quite a few different makes to be had. What do you recommend that the gloves would last a few times before disposal? The gloves need to be pretty thin so not to restrict finger movement.
Black mamba, fairly expensive but you can take them on and off many times, very strong but you can feel through them

When I was working we used Bodyguards nitrile gloves. They tended to be quite tough with a slight grip texture to the fingers. We would have to wear two pairs so we could avoid cross-contamination by changing the outer pair when needed. So, often we would wear a thinner type underneath.
https://www.theglovestore.co.uk/collections/bodyguards-gloves

Black mamba are nice but price is silly post covid.
My local engineers merchant sells a heavy orange nitrile glove for under £10 a box. Thicker than black mamba and diamond textured grip surfaces. 50 to a box so 25 pairs not 50 because the thicker material that's all you can pack into a standard box.
I'll add the name which begins with M but there are various makes, just google orange nitrile heavy duty disposable gloves.
20240605_161107.jpg

On machinery resto jobs, a pair will usually last a full day, and sometimes two or three.

Attachments

• 20240605_161115.jpg
    20240605_161115.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240605_161128.jpg
    20240605_161128.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Another vote for Black Mamba’s. Expensive, yes, but take care putting them on and taking them off and you’ll definitely get more than one wear of them. I’ve had one pair last a couple of days in the past.

Back