Pricing a saw that's not being sold anymore

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need to sell my big table saw to make some room - I just don't use it enough to justify the space it takes up. The problem is, it's not sold in the UK any more, nothing comes up on ebay and I have no idea what I should ask for it.

I might look to grab something smaller and more mobile if I really miss it but I definitely need to get rid of this one first!

It's a harvey HW110LGE-30 - so it wasn't exactly even sold here much when I bought it - I had to get it imported by Roy at Woodford. But I'm pretty sure he doesn't do it anymore either.

I've not being paying much attention to table saws since I got it but it seems like there are more offerings now than there used to be.

I could just stick it on ebay but I'd want to put something as a starting price as I'm not sure it would pick up a lot of traffic due to it being a bit niche.

So any idea what it's worth? It's amazing how quickly you lose sight of this stuff if you aren't paying attention!

Many thanks!

Thanks everyone!

I saw the 25 post thing, if I was on 23 I'd make a push for it but I think given I'm on 7 that might be taking the mick!

Ah funny - I have a post many years ago in that thread! From that it looks like Axminster also sold it for a while as the AT254TS. But that's not on their site now as far as I can tell.

That's pretty crazy that someone is selling a new on for over €3,000 - thanks for pulling that link out. That's a lot more than I paid for it. I actually think that's the same model I have. Looks like the same fence etc.

I think second hand and wanting collection will limit the price quite a bit. I'm inclined to think ebay with a sensible buy it now for a few weeks and see if anyone is interested. I forgot to mention it but there is also a mark on the cast iron table where I stupidly left a wet drill. I should see if that will come out with some oil and wire wool.

I appreciate the input everyone!

And worth knowing that the DEFT tablesaws from the Netherlands that sometimes make it to the UK are also made by Harvey in Nanjing.

I found one for sale at €3,000 - https://tendotools.com/en/product/table-saws-harvey-hw110se-30-230v-30″-760mm/ - so you should be able to list it for a good price. Clearly anyone who wants it will need to provide collection!
Just funny to me that tendo are asking more for the 2.2kW single phase version than they are for the 400V 3 version with a 4kW motor in it.
A 10" tablesaw with a 4kW motor in it is seriously powered up :)

And what's going on at Axminster ?
A few years back, Harvey dumped Woodford Tooling as an importer and made a deal with Axminster for sole importer of their machines in the UK. Harvey headlined Axmister's range for a while because they were way better than their other machines but I notice just now that they've all disappeared. Only this image remains because someone hasn't finished tidying up the website, but no Harvey machines for sale.

sub-category-s-table-saws.jpg

And worth knowing that the DEFT tablesaws from the Netherlands that sometimes make it to the UK are also made by Harvey in Nanjing.

It's crazy how many times this saw has been rebadged! Grizzly in the US too if I remember correctly.

A few years back, Harvey dumped Woodford Tooling as an importer and made a deal with Axminster for sole importer of their machines in the UK. Harvey headlined Axmister's range for a while because they were way better than their other machines but I notice just now that they've all disappeared. Only this image remains because someone hasn't finished tidying up the website, but no Harvey machines for sale.

Yeah that's interesting isn't it. You can still see all the promotional material about it, but nothing on their site. Maybe my memory isn't quite right: but it seems to be that they don't actually have many models of table saw for sale at the moment. I'm sure they used to sell more. I went past their shop last week but my wife wouldn't let me go in. Apparently it wasn't a suitable activity for a family holiday...

You would be suprised how quick you would get to the 25 mark.
Ah you're probably right actually. I've been reading this site for years but I've never really got in the habit of posting. I'm not in a massive rush with the saw. I should make the effort.

I'd much rather sell it to someone on here. It's a fine bit of machinery and it would be sell it on to someone that would make good use of it.

Latest posts

Back