Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re-handled a garden hoe in english oak, finished in BLO.

Attachments

• gardenhoe_oakrehandle (1 of 5).jpg
    gardenhoe_oakrehandle (1 of 5).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • gardenhoe_oakrehandle (2 of 5).jpg
    gardenhoe_oakrehandle (2 of 5).jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • gardenhoe_oakrehandle (3 of 5).jpg
    gardenhoe_oakrehandle (3 of 5).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • gardenhoe_oakrehandle (4 of 5).jpg
    gardenhoe_oakrehandle (4 of 5).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • gardenhoe_oakrehandle (5 of 5).jpg
    gardenhoe_oakrehandle (5 of 5).jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
We used to have a thread about stuff made from skip trophies which this should really be in. This is a game for our summer fair. Scooby-snacks for Scooby-Doo.
We have load of games for small children to keep them entertained while families their money at the cream teas and in the beer tent. They throw the little bones in Scooby’s mouth . This is a replacement for one I made years ago which has come to grief.
IMG_4664.jpeg

We used to have a thread about stuff made from skip trophies which this should really be in. This is a game for our summer fair. Scooby-snacks for Scooby-Doo.
We have load of games for small children to keep them entertained while families their money at the cream teas and in the beer tent. They throw the little bones in Scooby’s mouth . This is a replacement for one I made years ago which has come to grief.View attachment 181006
I can lend you a real dog that would love to have kids throwing scooby snacks at him.

I'm not much of a woodworker, so please keep that it mind :)

My youngest son keeps Hens and they've produced a lot of eggs lately, far too many for my son's family (and my wife and I) to get through. My wife suggested that he should try selling some of the eggs to the locals, so with that in mind I thought I'd have a go at knocking up an egg stall.

I don't think it's actually been put to any use yet, but here's some pics after I'd finished building it.

View attachment 180764 View attachment 180765

I had a go at making a sign to put up somewhere, I didn't have any paint, so made do with a sharpie.

View attachment 180766

Just a quick update, my son shared a photo of his stall and told me he'd sold all of the eggs 🥚 He had people queuing up to buy them.
I think he might need to charge a bit more 😉

Screenshot_20240510-094545_Signal.jpg

Two of these, replacements for an old vehicle. Only the hubs were reusable, which I’ve taken back to bare wood and made good.
Ready for the tyres now, then off to the paintersView attachment 181280
Beautiful. Have you read "The Wheelwrights Shop" by George Sturt. If not I strongly recommend you track down a copy. It's a delight.

IMG_4874.jpeg

I had to post about this because it’s so unbelievably exciting. Making moulding plane blades is a pretty miserable business - it usually takes me a morning for a pair. So I spent the last 2 weeks building a CNC machine. I can now make plane blades out of hardboard. This is a #14 round, #4 hollow, and a 5/8” sash coping plane iron. In hardboard.

In the pic you can see the dressup tags that keep the iron in place.

By far the hardest thing is getting the CAD to work out the correct shape for the iron. Because of all the angles involved it is tricky to say the least.

Obviously they still need tapering, a bevel putting on, and hardening. O1 would be useful too - hardboard doesn’t really cut it 😀. But it’s a step forward.

IMG_4873.jpeg

Two of these, replacements for an old vehicle. Only the hubs were reusable, which I’ve taken back to bare wood and made good.
Ready for the tyres now, then off to the paintersView attachment 181280
Nicely done. Good to see old crafts being kept alive. Some pics of the tyre fitting would be icing on the cake.
Regards
John

Latest posts

Back