Porch Pirates

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niemeyjt

Established Member
Reaction score
As we all know, the Met Police are totally useless (unless it comes to speed cameras, taking the knee or arresting Jews).

Twice now porch pirates have been caught on my daughter's Ring door bell and the footage sent to the Met..

The perp in the first was seen on the prowl a few days after the first video was provided to the Police - suggesting nothing happened.

So - is there any place or Youtube channel that is collating these sorts of videos just as a "name and shame"?

Can’t answer your question but low level crime is not their primary concern- how do I know - the countless beggars at traffic lights asking for spare change - at least when I worked in London I could get my windscreen washed for a few bits of change but these new generation beggars dont do anything but beg all day long ..

I suspect it mostly falls below the police priority radar.

Likely to be low value, Costs and time involved in prosecution large if defended - police time, attendance in court, preparing documentation and case files. Probably insured loss anyway!

Policing priorities - terrorism, public disorder, violent crime, drugs etc. Why would they bother with a crime involving someone whose prosecution simply diverts limited resources, and may result in a fine (unpaid?) or probation. Prison not an option as no spaces.

Whilst I would not suggest a return to the 1970's is a good idea, the proposition that feeling the collar and a good kicking may be an effective alternative solution.

If the parcel was just left by the courier in full view hence liable to be stolen then I my view the courier is liable for the loss either personally or via the company they are employed by. I think it's down to the laziness of the driver's who can't even be bothered to knock or ring and wait, they just dump and run. I have had deliveries just put inside the porch despite there being two cars in the drive suggesting someone must be in.

Back