Pocket Hole screws - where to purchase?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really I was hoping someone else would manufacture screws like this so I didn't have to pay the Kreg premium. But alas!
The Kreg screws are not really expensive when you compare to the other fasteners out there, £16 for 250 screws. The Heco CC are £43 per 100 !

What I would also suggest is to purchase a couple of the driver bits at the same time, the Kreg ones do fit snug which reminds me to actually measure that driver because it might be imperial and why some of my other square bits do not fit well.

I used my Kreg pocket hole jig to make large barn doors and I used ordinary plated screws. There is no sign of these failing after almost 10 years. If the intended use is outdoors furniture I would stop the "head recess" with a decent water resistant filler. I just would not use any steel screws if using oak outside.

Hi all,

I recently used up all of my 64mm Kreg outdoor (blue ones) pocket hole screws that came with my jig. I was very surprised to find out how much these screws cost on their own. The best I could find was £9 for 50 screws, which is 18 pence per screw. Only slightly better pricing when buying in vast quantities. I don't really want to spend £40 on some screws though!
Pretty pricey when building something chunky for the garden that might need a bunch of screws.

Does anyone have an alternative supplier/brand of screw that works for pocket holes? The Triton and Trend ones appear to be the same sort of price. Surely there must be a smaller brand doing these at reasonable prices? I mean it's not like they're made of anything fancy. It's just a square drive flat head screw!
I tried looking in the local hardware stores for square drive flat heads and the only options I found were way to thick in the stem for pocket holes or had massive heads that also made them too big.

View attachment 174685
I would think any wood screw in the length and width would work. Have you looked in Screwfix and Toolstation for these sizes

I purchased mine from Appleby Wood turning in Swadlincote. Fair price and delivery. I always use the Kreg BluKote screws, never had any rusting or shearing problems.

Latest posts

Back