Pleated filter for SIP dust collector?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justinpeer

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I've just picked up a used SIP 01954 2HP dust collector. The bags are pretty tired and I'd like to fit a pleated filter with one of those bars that rolls around to knock the dust down into a bag. Couple of questions:

1. Can anyone recommend a seller for the filters please
2. Can I put a plastic bag in place of the lower filter bag if I'm fitting a pleated filter.

Many thanks.

I have a SIP 01954, I have used a plastic bag on the bottom collector without issue (the cloth one provided was a nightmare to get the sawdust out loads just stuck to it)

I purchased mine with a pleated filter but you appear to be able to buy original filters through SIP suppliers.

I'm afraid I don't have a specific cheap or great supplier, but https://www.sip-group.com/product/sip-62606-1µm-high-filtration-cartridge/62606 shows the original part and offers links to their dealer network if that helps ?

I didn't even realise they did it as an option on those collectors. Thank you very much, that's perfect. Found one for £175 at highland fastenings which is now winging it's way to me.

I didn't even realise they did it as an option on those collectors. Thank you very much, that's perfect. Found one for £175 at highland fastenings which is now winging it's way to me.
I was going to say, you can buy a huge one from scosarg which is what I put on my SIP

Top tip. Those rubber paddles you use to clean the filter will damage it and you will need to de dust that filter often, as they clog quickly due to thier efficiency

I took the paddles off and cut up sections of door draft excluder (the brush type with metal bar) so now my filter gets gently brushed and will last a lot longer.

Not necessarily any use for you, but sometimes useful to use car air filters.
My compressor has the air filter housing from an old mini. The air filters to fit are far cheaper than the originals, and much bigger so last much longer. Many cars now use flat rectangular filters, easily fitted into a box with suitable inlet and outlet pipes.

I was going to say, you can buy a huge one from scosarg which is what I put on my SIP

Top tip. Those rubber paddles you use to clean the filter will damage it and you will need to de dust that filter often, as they clog quickly due to thier efficiency

I took the paddles off and cut up sections of door draft excluder (the brush type with metal bar) so now my filter gets gently brushed and will last a lot longer.
that's a handy tip, thanks.

Latest posts

Back