Mdf drawers for wardrobe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My take on this is to ditch the drawers and have new ones made by a competent craftsman. Heavy duty runners will not sort the problem. When ever I made drawer boxes the sides were only 12mm thick. Carcase and drawer fronts 18mm thick. It is possible to buy off the shelf drawer boxes and no doubt custom made ones. All of these normally use bottom mount softclose runners.
One word of caution on legal action. In the long time past I have used the small claims court (not for any work related dispute) with complete success. It was simple , inexpensive and fair. We are currently using this service (at the advice of a solicitor-taking it to court is ridiculously expensive). It is now a complete joke. Three times they have "lost" our paperwork and told us they were closing the file "as we had not returned said paperwork". Now we are told that the average wait for a court date is 22 weeks! That is notice of a court date not the actual date.
Unfortunately the legal process is only for the wealthy or those that get legal aid. I very much doubt you would qualify.

Hi, we had already decided to ditch the drawers, the runners have to go as well due to damage. We will probably go for mdf drawer fronts and metal drawer boxes to lessen the weight. Sorry to hear you are having problems with your claim and hope you get a good result. All we wanted was for joiner the joiner to take responsibility for his actions and resolve the issue. We are elderly and finding it all too much to cope with.

S,
My sympathies, I am way past retrement age too , unfortunately I too often witmessed that kind of behavior from people that promise so much and are not skilled enough to design and make what you require. I never had any fight with customers over quality, had a couple of occasions when they would not pay!

Back