Making my own kitchen 😥🤞

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a couple of prices for you. Their edging tape is competitive too. £90 for delivery so try to get what you need in one order if you use them.

The birch ply might at first seem expensive but you may not need to edge it and it won't chip so worth considering.

A Melamine.JPG

A MRMDF.JPG

A birch ply.JPG

As others have said why make what a factory can make in short time..
Unless your using birch ply or solid wood there seems little benefit on making the cabinets.
Make the doors and drawers instead??

As others have said why make what a factory can make in short time
Depends if you want something quick and cheaper or can face a challenge but also do you have the tools and a certain skill level. It is far more rewarding to be able to look at something and say I made that rather than I brought that from the Cotswold company or Ikea.

I have a zero Clearance for the saw and a track saw too, would you recommend doing the whole build with that then?

I figured that with there going to be so many repeatable cuts, the table saw would be better.
If you have a track saw I suggest use that, it is safer and more likely to get a good cut than the table saw. You can further improve the chances making sure there is pressure to both sides of the cut. The Festool has a little foot you can use to apply pressure but they don't all have it. You can make your own if not.

Back