Lyndhurst 3hp dust extractor review

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
devonwoody":1z8ws4uw said:
Are these cartridge filters in need of replacement on the basis of so many hours of action?

Not as so much. The top bag (where the air comes out) doesn't filter out the fine dust and you can see this quite easily as, when the machine is running there is a fine covering of dust around the base. But this dust is there in the air anyway...just that you notice it more as it has been concentrated in one place, as it were.

Eventually the cartridge filter will clog up (despite vacuuming, bashing or air blowing from outside) but my sense is that this will happen only after many many hours of usage.

Thanks Roger,

Actually I am not too concerned over dust (I do have a jet extractor fitted tho) when I read the age of 93 lived by Sam Moloof recently. I dent expect he had such refined equiptment in his early days.

Would you mind posting the exact spec of the filters as the link to the ebay shop has a number of different types and I'm not sure which is which.
Thanks

These are the details for the one I got from R&B Industrial

Subject: RE: DONALDSON P18116, TORIT BPP22269 Equiv CARTRIDGE FILTER

Good morning Roger,

Thank you for your enquiry, we can supply these cartridge filters to you,
Our part number is RB511A,
This is a double open ended cartridge filter,
660mmL x 324mm O/D x 212mm I/D
80% cellulose
20% polyester
20 - 21msq filter media, aprrox air flow 700 - 1000m3/h per filter
98% efficiency up to 0.5 micron size dust

Cost is £52.00 each and carriage for one is £15.00 +VAT

We can also supply single open ended cartridge filter at the same spec as the double open ended and price if required.

We can supply drawing and technical data for this cartridge filter if required, this filter is a direct replacement for the part numbers you have supplied.

noddy67":35txux8c said:
Thanks Roger. Can you think of any reason not to go with the single open ended one?
If you are using it on the top of a standard dust collector, no.
If you are using it as a filter on the output of a cyclone then the double open end offers using a top feed with a drop box to collect the fine dust from the filter.

Any one interested in making their own blast gates or connectors for 110mm waste pipe, if you see the gas board working in the road their 125mm yellow gas pipe is an exact push fit for 110mm waste pipe, they often have offcuts floating around which they usually throw away, will post some photo's of some I made. The best thing is they do not need glue to secure the pipe which makes them reusable and the gas pipe wall thickness is wide enough to take a small screw to secure the blast gate to (all will be explained with photo's)

Back